The other day I had the honor of having Marco of Mac Cosmetics put some make up on me for the first time…in my life (I am 33!) This adorable young man somehow managed to pin me down, whip out the make up brushes and work on my face effortlessly. I looked fantastic for five seconds, and then my left cheek had a small itch. I obviously announced that I needed to scratch my cheek, much to Marco’s horror.. It was as if I had admitted to a heinous crime!
“Grace, my love, you cannot scratch your face. You must gently pat the itching spot and hope it stops itching.”
This statement had me in awe. I now have nothing but the deepest respect for all my friends who somehow manage to stay perfect with their make up day and night without scratching their faces. Hats off to you all!
This did get me thinking.. The tomboy that I am, I definitely have a less complicated life because my face is naked. This means that all my previous relationships must have been a walk in the park because they could touch my face at any time… Well, ladies and gentlemen, here are 50 other reasons why dating girls like us is sheer bliss!
40. You can stroke our faces lovingly without any fear! 🙂
39. We can share tshirts without us worrying about the Fashion Police. 🙂
38. We love watching sports.. (sometimes even more than you!)
37. Still on sports, we understand what a tackle is, why a red card in soccer is outrageous, and why the Super Bowl is the essence of life.. 🙂
36. For those of us who are sporty, we do enjoy giving you a run for your money in the field, irrespective of the sport.
35. It takes us 54 seconds to get ready if we need to step out of the house (this includes showering!)
34. Tied to number 35.. We are low maintenance!
33. We are really really good listeners.
32. We love our food. For some odd reason, we tomboys have one hell of an appetite.
32. More often than not we can outdrink you, swing you over our shoulders and carry your drunk self home. 🙂
30. Yes, we can chug a beer in record time and know our whiskey inside out.
29. Your boys love us! We fit right in with them 🙂
28. Because we get along with your male crew. we end up being effective wing-women for your single friends which makes them adore us even more!
27. Video Games? We own that stuff! A little secret though, yes, we do let you win sometimes.. 🙂
26. We are usually spontaneous and adventurous 🙂
25. We will never freak out if you want to go ahead and hang out with your friends. We understand that we both have our own thing going.
24. This conversation never takes place. Him: “Hey, what’s wrong?” Her: “Nothing.” She then proceeds to bang every door on the way out and kick the cat while she is at it. Him: “Eh, are you sure you are ok?” Her: “I am ok” His car is on fire.
23. The scenario above when dating a tomboy. Him: “Hey, what’s up!” Her: “Nothing much. By the way, your ex girlfriend called and left a message for you. Her brother died.” The end.
22. Some of us are really good with tools. Door knob broken while you are away? No problem. We will fix it in the blink of an eye.
21. Flat tire? Piece of cake! Babe, hand me the jack and the spare tire. Let me fix this while you call ahead and explain why we are running late for dinner.
20. Still on cars. We know and love our cars…Ahhh.. Where to begin! Random side comment. Top Gear over that Kardashians show any day.
19. The final car comment.. Yes, we would take a manual (Stick shift) car anyday!
18. Yes! Bikes are delicious!
17. When we go to the mall, you will find us drooling over the electronic gadgets stall for hours, instead of the nail polish stand.
16. Some of us are comic book geeks, love our cosplay and anime.
15. So lets say we are in the club and some dumb punk picks a fight with you. A full on fight breaks out. For some odd reason, some of us find it hot when our significant other is involved in a brawl… heck, I might even be able to help you out with some of the Jiu jitsu I have been practising on the side 🙂
14. We find practical jokes and pranks extremely funny! 🙂
13. Yup! Some of us actually do curse worse than sailors 🙂 So yes, you can relax and be yourself.
12. Why does everyone keep talking about the movie The Notebook? Nope, we do not remember the last romantic movie we watched….
11. Yes, you and I have our little secrets. No, the girls do not know every single detail of our business.. (assuming we actually have female friends..)
10. We are generally quite competitive. Which I think is a good thing and keeps life interesting in many ways..
9. We will never ever ask you to change (or try to change you..) because as tomboys we have been picked on all our lives about changing too. We know how real the hustle is.
8. Eh, we also fail to understand why life has to stop because of a broken finger nail. 🙂
7. We are very chilled and relaxed. No. Drama. Ever.
6. Why are we number 7? Because we are confident. Insecurity does not exist in our books. Yes, some supermodel girl might come and hit on you when we are standing next to you, but guess what? She cannot compete with what we have to offer, ever!
5. Connected to N0. 7, we are usually quite objective, making decisions logically and not emotionally.
4. We can be super romantic too! The translation of this statement is we have a high libido.
3. We clean up really well! Yes, we may be in flats most of our lives, but when we need to rise to the occasion, we do that little black dress some serious justice. 🙂
2. When it is time to get naughty, we usually initiate 99% of the time.. Oh, and we never have that headache that some women seem to have at certain times 😉
1. Yes, we do love spanking your bum when you do not expect it!